Day 4 - A Good Follower Makes a Good Teacher
Pray: “Lord, I want to be a better follower. Thank you for the example that the disciples are to me. Jesus guided and led His disciples and they demonstrate how to follow well. Help me grow and continually seek to learn from You so I can mentor others.”
Read Luke 11:1-13 by yourself without any distractions. Write down what stands out to you about this passage.
On a scale of 1-10 (1 being low, 10 being high) how hungry are you for an increase in God’s wisdom and knowledge? Write down your score and why you picked it. Then write down what you could do to increase your score.
Sit quietly for 10 minutes. As you sit, write down 3 things you want God to teach you. Maybe you want God to teach you to be humble, patient, kind or faithful.
Write out the Lord’s Prayer (Luke 11:2-4). Ask God for insight into how to pray this way. Pray the prayer out loud three times. Finish your time with this prayer: “Lord, I have so much to learn! I want to gain deeper insight from you. Help me learn and pass along what I learn to others.”
Choose one of the following books to read in the next 30 days:
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
- Radical by David Platt
- The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
- Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
- Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
- Delighting in God by A.W. Tozer
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- Whisper by Mark Batterson
- Kingdom Disciples by Tony Evans
- Erasing Hell by Francis Chan & Preston Sprinkle
- Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- God’s Wisdom for Navigating Life by Timothy Keller